The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is accepting applications for cohorts 33 & 34 from young ambitious East Africans passionate about leadership and community empowerment.
This is a fully funded opportunity for young people from the East Africa region as successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, accommodation, meals, and course materials. Selected participants will engage in a 4-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning and communication across three tracks of study:
(1) Business and Entrepreneurship
(2) Civic Leadership
(3) Public Management
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
The program encourages applications from:
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- Other minority groups
Since its launch in July 2015, the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa has empowered over 2500 young people, setting them up on their leadership trajectory. Alumni of the Center are already having meaningful impact in their communities. Check out some of the impact stories here.