Are you young, ambitious and passionate about leadership and want to make a difference in your community? If yes, there is a chance for you to apply for the fully funded program offered by YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa.
Applications for Cohort 25, 26 and 27 are now open until February 19th 2018, 5.00 PM EAT.
Since its launch in July 2015, the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa has empowered over 1,700 young people, setting them up on their leadership trajectory. Alumni of the Center are already having meaningful impact in their communities. If you want to join this growing number of revolutionary young African leaders, then consider applying for an upcoming cohort of the program by visiting the Center’s website at www.yalieastafrica.org.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Proven experience and track record in Public Management, Business and Entrepreneurship, or Civic Leadership
- Citizen of: Burundi, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from:
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- Other minority groups
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
There is no fee to apply for or attend the program. Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, accommodation, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
Selected participants will engage in leadership development experiences across three tracks of study: (1) Business and Entrepreneurship, (2) Civic Leadership, and (3) Public Management in a 4-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning, and communication.
Also checkout U-Learn, the Center’s virtual library that contains free courses, videos, and articles. This library is open to the public in order to increase the Center’s reach to thousands more young leaders across East and Central Africa.
NOTE: Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.