The 3rd Annual African Women In Tech Conference will be held on the 12th of November 2016 in Nairobi Kenya.
The theme of this year’s event “Can technology serve” focuses on serving to improve women’s rights. The goal of this event is to create opportunities for collaboration and partnerships for women through networking.
There’s still a big gap when it comes women representation in the ICT industry and so to remain competitive, organizations must build the right conditions to encourage more women into, and advance those within the tech sector.
This is the best time to gain insight on developing the future for women in technology and learn about personal, professional and corporate development, leadership and mentorship from industry influencers through the interactive panel sessions and the practical training sessions.
The one-day event will involve the following activities;
- A keynote speech
- Career/Jobs Fair with different tech companies in Kenya
- Practical training sessions on different tools and skill sets
- Break out discussions around the conference goals
- Panel sessions with women leaders
- Startup showcase for participants of the July 2016 Female hackathon
- The AWTC Award – recognizing women of note in the technology conference
This conference will assist women in tech in maximizing their careers and in general industry development when it comes to Leadership, entrepreneurship, gender disparity and the future of other women in the sector.
Check Akirachix for more information about the conference.